News at the top of the hour, 6am - 1pm Monday thru Friday
Tony's glad to be back in Omaha after a stint in Atlanta, where he won an Associated Press Award for Best Newscast. He also worked for CNN Radio and the Georgia News Network.
In Omaha, Tony's been on the radio for decades, starting out on Sweet 98's Breakfast Flakes show and ending up with a long tour of duty on sister station KGOR. In addition to his KFAB duties, he also provides morning news on sister stations KGOR, KAT103 and 93.3 The Wolf. (Yes, he moves quickly thru the hallways.)
Tony lives in Omaha with his Beautiful Wife, Ronita... enjoying his awesome extended family and the world's greatest city!
The 13th season of Dancing With The Stars began last night, and as a public service, here's Tony's Guide To DWTS.
There are several categories of celebrities that pop up on the show. Each one has several examples, and IN CAPS, a current competitor that fits the category:
* AARP = the popular but older contestants. Strong fan base, but can break down physically over the course of a season. Several can overcome the wear and tear, like past champs Donny Osmond and Jennifer Grey. WYNONNA.
* House of Mouse = every season must have a member of the Disney family. Someone from ABC, ABC Family or ESPN is there every season. None have won, but a few have come close (Kyle Massey, Erin Andrews, Chelsea Kane). ZENDAYA, SEAN LOWE, INGO RADEMACHER.
* Fish Out Of Water = the "I can't believe they're doing this" competitors. Meredith Viera, Buzz Aldrin, Steve Wozniak, Tom DeLay. Won't win, but will be fun to watch. D.L. HUGHLEY.
* How Far We've Com = these are the folks you wonder about early in the season, but buckle down and work, improving over the course of the season. Kirstie Alley, Bristol Palin. KELLIE PICKLER.
* Funny Folks = Comedians and comic actors who usually don't take it seriously enough to last very long. Steve-O, Adam Corolla, Niecy Nash, Sherri Shepherd. ANDY DICK.
* Young Athletes = lots of current pro and Olympic stars; lots of winners. Apolo Anton Ohno, Shawn Johnson, Hines Ward. JACOBY JONES, ALY RAISMAN, VICTOR ORTIZ.
* Old Athletes = retired from their sport, but some still got it. Kurt Warner, Jerry Rice, Rick Fox, Emmitt Smith. DOROTHY HAMILL.
* What The Heck = no idea why they're here. Tucker Carlson, Master P, any Kardashian. LISA VANDERPUMP.
And the three competitors most likely to be in the final three... DOROTHY HAMILL, KELLIE PICKLER, ALY REISMAN.
We'll see how it all stacks up. Let me know what you think!